I have to say that being a narrator is a pretty kick ass job. Sometimes literally. Or at least literally kick-ass in the stories I get to read. Sometimes I’m catching criminals, sometimes I’m falling in love, and I get lucky over and over and over again in various degrees of detail. Oh, how I love my job.
June is audiobook month AND it’s also the month where I have a birthday. My birthday is June 30th . This day is important because, in days of old, most coupons expire on June 30th. I don’t know why, but it’s true. AND this June 30th is a big birthday for me. The big FORTY. Which means any time I leave the house wearing tight pants and sequins, people will look at me and think “Huh. There goes a cougar”.
In honor of all that, I’m giving away some of my promo copies for some of the favorite things I’ve narrated. These are MP3 discs so you get the whole book (5-14 hours usually) all on one disc, which you can then put in your computer and transfer to your iPod or phone or whatever.
That’s right. IT’S A GIVEAWAY. All you have to do is comment below. On this blog only. No Facebook or Twitter comments, so we all know it’s fair. Also, when you comment, you type in your email so I’ll have a way to get in contact with you. Your email isn't visible to anyone and I won't share it. After the contest, it all gets deleted. You won’t be put on any mailing list or anything. I’m too lazy for that. If you have a preference for a book or if you like mystery better than romance or vice versa, let me know.
On my birthday, I’ll choose winners of the books.
- Last To Die A Rizzoli and Isles novel by Tess Gerritsen. How lucky am I that I took over this series around book 7? I love these women, and the men they work with and love. This series is a mystery and has great depth of character and emotion. Fingers crossed I’ll get to narrate more of these. I’m really proud of my work with them. [soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/97284042" params="color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
- A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava. I took over this series in the later books, but then recorded some backlist titles. Here we meet the troubled Maggie O’Dell and her partner Tully. Hard-edged murder mystery with dark killers. Again, love love love this series.[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/97284040" params="" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
- Married by Monday by Catherine Bybee. Fun romance series, perfect for the summer. Lots of fun characters.[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/97284043" params="color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
- Summer Nights by Susan Mallery. A Fool’s Gold romance. I was lucky to get cast with this series from book one and have been able to grow (along with the stories and the characters). Each book stands alone, but together you get a sense of the town. This book has two of my favorite female characters: Annabelle Weiss and Charlie.[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/97284047" params="" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
- Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas. Romance but with a hint of magic. Her work reminds me a lot of Alice Hoffman and I LOVE Alice Hoffman.[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/97284045" params="" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Runners up will get copies to one of my own quirky rom-coms.
Good luck and happy listening, and happy me, almost officially a cougar. Prrrrr.